Yes, this is your opportunity to run an eco-lodge on a private island in Lake Nicaragua!
From the Craigslist ad: http://managua.craigslist.org/fbh/3968663782.html
In the first half of 2014, we will open a new 7-room eco-lodge and day-use facility on an isleta and we’re looking for a passionate, experienced and dedicated person to run the day-to-day operations. Since the lodge won’t be open for a few more months this is a unique opportunity to help hire, train and develop the staff from the ground up, develop policies and procedures, and assist with the final touches of putting the place together and opening the lodge.
The right candidate will have the following experience and interests:
- Hospitality management
- Strong customer service skills and an intimate understanding of how a positive or negative blog post or online review can impact future business
- Willingness to take the extra steps to ensure guest satisfaction everyday
- Strong analytical and accounting ability
- Discipline in managing finances, payroll, and banking
- Experiencing developing and managing a diverse staff
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Passionate about the environment and sustainable practices
- Willing to take a hands-on approach whenever necessary with everything from piloting a small boat, to troubleshooting off-grid systems, to tidying up after guests
Compensation package includes:
- Base salary (depends on experience)
- Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Vacation time
- Possible part-time housing on the island (when not fully booked)
If you are the right candidate, please send us your cover letter and resume.